Yes, I have finally decided to lock this blog up and make it PRIVATE. One of my goals for this year is to put forth effort and do the things I want to do, this being one of them. So here I am putting forth the effort and doing it. Please leave your email addresses if you are interested in viewing our blog in the future.
Sunday, February 21, 2010
Posted by KACI JOHNSON at 12:10 PM
Friday, February 19, 2010
Wow, I can't believe that it is almost the end of February and I am just getting to posting something new on our blog since Christmas. One of my New Years Resolutions for this year is to use my blog as a journal to record my thoughts, feelings, family events, and pictures. Well I haven't done too well so far, but I promise myself that I will be better. Last night our Relief Society put on a great Enrichment Night and one that I have been very excited for for a couple weeks now. It was a kick off night to bettering ourselves and being truly happy and healthy this year. We had a couple speakers who did an awesome job and said things that I really needed to hear. One of the speakers, Emily, talked about working out and eating healthy and how we, as mom's, shouldn't feel guilty for taking the time to workout and to plan and prepare healthy meals for ourselves. She mentioned how she has always looked at the Word of Wisdom as all of these "Don'ts" and never really looked at the "Do's". I had never really thought of that. That little statement from Emily changed me and my view on the word of wisdom and how I am really not obeying it to the fullest when I eat nothing but chocolate and candy all day long. Wow what an Ah ha moment for me. Later that night they handed out a folder for us to keep. It had a couple handouts inside with inspiring quotes, a 4 week goal sheet, meal ideas, and healthy recipes from ladies in the ward. On top of the 4 week goal sheet it says "A goal not written is only a wish" by Harold B Lee. At the beginning of every year I have new goals, but I make the mistake of not writing them down and only keep them in my mind. I need to get in the habit of writing my goals down so they can become reality. So here are some of my goals for this year...
1. Workout at least 3 times a week. Going running outside, going to the gym, or P90X videos.
2. Eat healthier. Instead of grabbing for fruit snacks or chocolate grab a handful of almonds.
3. Cook dinner at least 3 times a week. Cook 1 new recipe a week.
4. Read a chapter from The Book of Mormon everyday. So you have read 7 chapters by the end of the week. If you miss a day then make it up the next day.
5. Drink at least 64 oz. of water everyday
6. Don't hold back from the things that you want to do. Put forth the effort and do them.
7. Personal Prayers every morning and night
8. Family prayers every night
9. Tell family and friends that you love and appreciate them, more often.
10. Get food storage and emergency preparedness up to date. Go through 72 hr. kits. Build on food storage and water. Do Kerri's tips of the week.
11. Update blog frequently. Use your blog as a Family Journal and print it out as a book at the end of the year.
12. Write Jenny and Ryan once a month
13. Go to bed before 11 pm
14. Finnish my scrapbook. Start Tate's and Family Scrapbooks.
15. Make life more positive. Look at the positive in all situations.
16. Strive for perfection, but remember that every little thing in your life won't be perfect and that is OK.
That is quite the list, but I feel so much better now that I have written each goal down. I am sure that as the year continues that I will be adding to this list. Well my time is up on the computer for now cause I need to go get showered before Tate wakes up. I will have updates on the Family with pictures soon.
Posted by KACI JOHNSON at 9:36 AM