Monday, September 8, 2008

There is no place like home!

I know I know it's been awhile since I have posted anything, but I do have a really good excuse why! Devin and I have finally moved back home to good old Utah and we couldn't be more excited. This whole moving process has been quite the process to say the least. I didn't realize how much stuff Devin and I have so all I have been doing since we moved in is sorting through boxes figuring out what to keep and what to get rid of. I am seeing an end in sight so that puts a smile on my face! We have moved into a townhome in Lehi and are absolutely loving it. We are slowly but surely getting to know our neighbors and so far loving the neighborhood. Our ward is wonderful and look forward to getting more involved. I will soon post pics of our new home once it is clean and worthy of taking pictures!
Besides being busy with moving in we have really enjoyed spending time with family and being able to attend different family functions that we surely missed while being away. When we first got home we enjoyed spending time with the Rice Family up at my sister-in-laws cabin. It was super fun to see everyone and catch up. And I just wanted to say congrats to my cousin Mike and his new fiance Elizabeth. We are so excited for them and look forward to their wedding in January. A week later we spent time with Devin's family up in Park City. We had fun at the Alpine Slide, lunch at the Yummy Main Street Pizza and Pasta Company, and at the Olympic park. I couldn't really do much because of obvious reasons but I had fun anyways spending time with the Johnson Family. We have also enjoyed family dinners on Sundays. Nothing bets a super good home cooked meal! Last but not least we had so much fun at the Utah Football game on Saturday night. I love love love going to football games and I'm so happy to be back just in time for football season. Hopefully it's a good season! Go Utes!! I have some pics of all our fun adventures but not much so I hope you enjoy.

Johnson Family at the Olympic Park. Devin, Derek, Jenny, Nicole, and Joe all went on the zip line. Can't wait to go next year!!

The Johnson Fam at the roller coaster by the Alpine Slide in Park City.

Lindsey, Devin's sis, showing us her skills on the skeleton.

My adorable nieces and nephew.

My cousin Molly is due in October, My sister-in-law Jenny is due in November, and I'm due in December.

My cousin Mike and is new fiance Elizabeth Bailey. They are getting married in January and we are so excited for them.

My sister-in-law, Jenny, is pregnant and due 3 weeks before I am. I know she doesn't even look pregnant.

Green Family Picture

24 comments:

Dallas and Jessica said...

Hey cutie! I'm so glad you guys moved into the neighborhood our little babies are going to have so much fun together! and no I haven't really done anything to the baby's room-we just ordered the bedding- i'm such a slacker, what about you? I want to come see your house soon and of course talk babies :) Talk to you soon!

Unknown said...

hey thats so cool you guys got moved in somewhere..im working on that! we havnt found a place yet..but we looked at one yesterday we kind of like in draper. i totally am excited and can't wait to unpack hopefully SOOn!~ haha yah your picture with your sis in law, ya she is tiny!! you're still pretty small, but i feel like i am probably already bigger than her! haha. anyways, we'll have to get together sometime now that we're both in utah, maybe go to a utes game together! dan tried to get us tickets to the one sat, but they were sold out. maybe next time!

casey.chelsea.cali said...

How funny....we are in the exact some boat right now. I am sifting through all of our stuff as well. It's taking me of course TEN TIMES longer than it normally would though being pregnant and all!! I can only unpack for about an hour before I feel totally exhausted...haha!

Casey and I will definitely have to come and see y'alls place once y'all get settled in. Are you guys living in Ivory Ridge? Casey and I were thinking about moving there awhile ago. Such a nice community!

Natalie said...

How fun that you guys are back in Utah! Your belly is so cute :)

Jared & Emily said...

Kaci, You look so DANG cute pregnant! It feels like forever since I've seen anyone from the summer! I hope everything is going well for you! I'm excited for you to have your baby!

Trav and Lizzie said...

Kaci!!

I do PR and marketing for Excel Ent/ Crane Movie Co. Oh my gosh, you look DARLING!! Can we do lunch soon? I would LOVE it. Call me or text me-
244-5976

The Days said...

Welcome home! Good luck with all the unpacking... yuck! Your belly is so cute! I hope I get an invite to a baby shower... he he!!!

Emily said...

Well I am glad you are home!! Now lets do lunch or something fun. I am so excited about Mike, wahoo!! She looks like a sweet girl and he deserves it.

The Green's said...

We are so glad you are finally home for good! Love you!xoxo

Spence & Rach said...

Wow, you sound busy. But sounds like life is good! I'm so glad!

Crazy about Mike! That's wonderful! I saw him a few months ago and it was really fun. I'm so happy for him!

Colin, Jamie and Presley Kent said...

Well I am so glad you guys are back, it was so good to see you! I know you are still busy unpacking, but you should come to the zoo with all of us mommies on Monday. Love ya!

Chris & Breanne Coccimiglio said...

How fun! I am so glad you are back...We need to get together sometime soon! We missed ya! I am so glad your sis is working by me now and That I was able to help out a little. She is so dang cute! I will hear her talking a jokin with a patient and she sounds just like you...It reminds me of the good old time when we worked together and had so much fun! That was the best! Any ways we are out in Lehi all the time cause Chris' sister lives out there so maybe we'll just stop by or something. :) Ha ha. YOu look so cute though girly! Call me soon!

Spillane Creative said...

Devin... that jump your standing in front of is my husbands job!!! Congrats on the soon to be baby. That is so exciting. I wish we could start having kids, but we need to wait until Johnny stops ski jumping which will probably be thru the Vancouver Olympics...

take care, hil

Youngins said...

Oh I didnt know you were coming back to good old utah! are you going back to work? I got a job but its soooo slow and she is only paying me commission! So i might quit! what do you think? You look so darling cant wait to see baby pictures!!

Jason and Tawni said...

Kaci!
Your little belly is adorable. I can't believe how tiny you look for only having a few months left. It looks like you guys have been having fun since being home in Utah. Welcome back to the great state and keep the belly pictures coming! Tell Dev I said hi!

Corinne said...

you look so cute pregnant! i met your sister on friday. it was so funny i could hear her talking but i couldn't see her and i could have sworn it was you! took me back to the good old days at dr. russell's!

casey.chelsea.cali said...

Casey and I would love to see you guys!! My family leaves at the end of this week, so after that Casey and I are pretty much free to go out. We'll give you guys a call at the beginning of next week to plan something.

Keri Cannon said...

Welcome back to SLC! You're somewhat close to me being in lehi. You are a cute prego person and you're truly approaching the end! Your sis in law is tiny. Is there really a baby in there?!? I love the pics and yes I totally miss the good ol dancing days. I wish I could still touch me toes :) ha ha

Emily said...

I don't know if you guys have gone to lunch yet but I would love to come. Let me know what days you all can go because I probably can come any day just let me know.

Colin, Jamie and Presley Kent said...

I wasn't going to say anything but you forced my hand.....update already!! I understand that you are busy unpacking all of Devin's crap but maybe you can just take a bunch of pictures of his boxes and comment about how much you love your husbands packing skills, and maybe throw in a picture or two of your growing belly...I don't know just a thought!! I'm kidding of course, but I do truly love you!!

-Jamie-

The Green's said...

Totally agree to Jamie's comment....UPDATE!!!!! Hello~ I know you have pics of FHE from the other night!!!! Can't wait for tomorrow!!!! I'll cross my fingers that you don't find anything but I think it might be hopeless with all those stores!!!

Laura Lu said...

Kaci, you are so dang cute! I love looking at your blog and all the darling pics. Lacey just rants and raves about how cute you are. I am so glad she has such a wonderful friend like you. I am so excited for you and your new little babe on the way. Take care Laura

Dallas and Jessica said...

ok we need to get together asap these babies are coming fast! I need to somehow get your number so we can go to lunch or just talk babies:) But to answer some of your questions...we're still working on the nursery it's partly done but still need to do quite a bit more. no showers yet one is towards the end of this month and one in november..and yes i feel huge! I can literally feel my stomach stretching some nights. Anyways lets get together soon!! Email me your phone number :) jess314@gmail.com

Chris & Breanne Coccimiglio said...

Girl you need to update your blog!!! ha ha. It was so good to see you last weekend and catch up. I know we really need to plan a date night. Now that I am in school the weekends are the only nights we can do it. What works for you guys?