Thursday, June 18, 2009

What we have been up to

NEW CALLINGS
In the past two weeks Devin and I have both recieved callings in our new ward and we couldn't be more excited. We love that we just moved in and they are ready for us to help carry out the lord's work. Devin has been called as the Scout Chairmen and I have been called as the 1st counselor in the Young Women's. We understand we both are going to be super busy, but we are ready for the challenge and all the fun we are going to have. Young womens and Scouts here we come!!

SAYING GOODBYE

Yesterday we took Devin's sister, Jenny, to the MTC. Over the past three months or so Jenny has decided to serve a mission. She has been called to serve in the Illinois, Nauvoo mission. We were all able to breath a sigh of relief when she read where she was going and we couldn't be more excited for her. She was supposed to leave July 22, but got a call from her stake president saying that her mission president had called him and wanted her to leave ASAP. Since she had nothing ready and hadn't been through the temple yet the soonest she could leave was just yesterday. I don't know how she got everything ready in such little time, but she did and we ended up saying goodbye to Sister Johnson sooner then we thought. We will miss her greatly, but know that the Lord needs her right now in Illinois, Nauvoo and look forward to all her emails and pictures!

BRIDAL SHOWER

Bride to be, Becca


All the ladies, minus two or three


High School friends.
Linden, Liz, Sarah, Brittany, Andrea, Lacey, and Ashley


Oh la la! Get excited Brady!!

Yesterday I threw a Bridal shower for my really good friend, Becca. I was so excited to host the shower for several different reasons, First I felt all grown up having it at my own house and all! I know that sounds stupid, but it's the truth. It was nice to finally be able to throw a party at MY own house. Second, it is always so nice to see friends from High School that I don't get to see that often. Thanks girls for coming and supporting becca. Third, I am so so so excited for Becca and Brady and this new journey they are about to embark upon. Becca and I have known each other forever and go way back so to see her this happy and excited makes me so happy. Becca, I love you girl and look forward to hanging out, golfing, and raising our kids together!!

2 comments:

Keri Cannon said...

So fun to see pictures of all you girls! It has been way too long.... Tell them all hi!

Ang said...

I'm so sad that I had to miss Becca's shower! We were actually in Nauvoo with Jon's family. His cousin is on a mission there right now also so I'm sure your sister in law will get to know her! Her name is Sister Patterson...