Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Our Anniversary Trip

Last week Devin and I left Tate with Grandma and Grandpa Johnson and took off to Viva Las Vegas to celebrate our 2 year wedding anniversary. It was so much fun to layout by the pool, read a book, sleep in, workout on my own time, enjoy a dinner with just the two of us, go to a movie, shop at all my favorite stores that aren't in SLC, and just spend some quality time with the most amazing man in the world. I only took 3 pictures of our whole weekend together, but I am glad I was able to capture our night at Serendipity 3. I have always wanted to go to Serendipity in New York, but since I haven't been able to get there yet I went in Vegas. Thanks love for planning such a fun Anniversary Trip.


$15 Hot fudge Sundae's at Serendipity 3. I know that is way expensive for some ice cream, chocolate fudge, caramel sause, bananas, and nuts. But it was all worth it!!



P.s. thanks to all those who helped out with Tate while we were gone, you know who you are. We couldn't have gone without your help!

6 comments:

Krista said...

ooh, yum! That looks delicous! Happy Anniversary you two! Has it only been two years? It seems like longer!

To answer your question... they are 2 years and 3 months apart. I do, and I don't like it... I think it is really, really hard in the beginning, but now I love it. I think it depends on a lot of personal factors, like what gender they are, how the older one is with your attention, how they potty train, how "terrible" their "terrible two's" are, etc.

For Trey he is very social and loves attention. So when Krew came along he was very jealous. Plus Doug was working tons so he didn't have him around a whole lot when I was busy with the baby. We also moved when Krew was 4 months old and moving doesn't help. I then started potty training and Trey was horrible at potty training. Let's just say he likes to go #2 at least 3 times a day!!

But... now I love it. They are buddies. And I'm sure as they get older they will play sports together, go to school together, fight over girls :) etc.

But... I plan on waiting until Krew is at least 2 before I get pregnant with the next so that when I have the next baby he is already potty-trained and starting pre-school. I would probably say 3 years apart may be just right. :)

Things to think about... let me know what you think! Sorry sooooo long!

casey.chelsea.cali said...

Fun trip!! Glad you posted about the restaurant. I'll have to go there next time we visit LV. And yes let's plan on getting together soon. I just told Casey and was excited!!

Keri Cannon said...

congrats! those desserts are so worth it! Glad you got to spend the time together. Happy anniversary!

Natalie said...

Happy anniversary! What a fun getaway!

The Green's said...

It really has only been two years?!!??! It seems so much longer. I am so glad you had fun! I am totally LOVING your hair. I think it is at such a cute length for you. Oh I wish mine would just grow!

Colin, Jamie and Presley Kent said...

So Colin and I are inviting ourselves next year whether you like it or not!!