Wednesday, June 11, 2008

My Obsession


Yes it's true my new obsession is Krispy Kreme Doughnuts. It's a horrible obsession because they contain so so many calories and fat grams, but I honestly can't get them off my mind. It all started in Hawaii when my nana started talking about them and how they really are the best doughnuts and worth every calorie. When I got home from Hawaii I had kinda forgotten about them but then we were over at our friends Jon and Julie's apartment and I spotted a Krispy Kreme box. That next morning I got on the internet to search for the nearest Krispy Kreme location. I found one in Alexandria which is about 30 to 45 minutes away from us. I was bumbed out cause I knew Devin didn't have time to pickup a box before or after work and he was the one with the car the whole week. What was I to do?! Well, Devin being the wonderful husband he is let me take the car for the day so I called Julie and Ashley and asked if they wanted to join me in an adventure to Krispy Kreme Doughnuts! I have never enjoyed a Krispy Kreme Doughnut as much as I did that day words really can't explain. So there you have it my OBSESSION!!

P.S. I'm happy that the nearest location to us is 30 minutes away cause if it were any closer I think I would come home to Utah a big fat pregnant pig. Hopefully I get over this obsession sooner than later!!

9 comments:

Rachel said...

haha I love it! Enjoy it... being prego is a great chance to not take blame for your belly. I ate Cafe Rio ALL the time when I was pregnant and nursing. Addie is seriously made up of their chicken salad! I still love it but I've calmed down a little. So I say go for it and really get addicted to something. You deserve it! I'm so thrilled for you guys too!!! And Addie is excited to have someone to play with at family get togethers! :) How cute will that be??

Jess said...

My weird obsession was ketchup. I would order French Fries at restaurants because it would look weird to eat plain ketchup, but I did. I also absolutely loved Macaroni and Cheese. Don't worry, more than likely that craving will disappear, so live it up now!

Anonymous said...

I miss you too, you'll never know how much I miss you this week. I'm counting down the days till Saturday!

Emily said...

Ok I don't even like doughnuts but I LOVE Krispy Kremes too. That is so funny! I love your picture. Just take advantage and be a little more relaxed while your prego. You'll be cute no matter what. I would love to train with you too when your done. We will chat more about it when your babe is out.

The Days said...

Hey Kaci, You are so funny! Of course I remember you! I cannot believe you are pregnant! Congrats! Enjoy it! I am so happy for you and Devin! You get to find out soon if it is a boy or girl... my bet is a boy!

Colin, Jamie and Presley Kent said...

Oh the Pregnancy cravings...first mine was chips and salsa, then I went through a Big Mac stage where I craved one everyday but I never did give in and eat one, and eventually it went away, I put my foot down when it comes to McDonalds...then it turned into candy corn (sick I know) and I ate bags and bags of it..what can ya do!?!

-Jamie-

ash and jonny said...

I was so glad to see you guys! No we can be blogging friends! I'm so happy for you, congrats! By the way you look so tan! how is AZ? I bet its so hot. Are you going back to Utah in the fall??

Natalie said...

I can understand that obsession. They are yummy!!! At least you can blame the craving on the baby right :)

ash and jonny said...

i LOVE krispie kremes!!! they are some yummy! I'm jealous you got to go to hawaii- how fuN! I want to go there one day.
how do you guys like virginia? yeah it stinks they work so late, thats what i hate the most about being here. yes i'm working as a hygienist. i'm just working through a dental temp agency since we're only here for a little bit- but they keep me busy, usually mon-thurs. i leave early in the morning and jonny gets home late- so i only get to see him a little everyday. its hard- but it will pay off i guess! i hope all is going good for you guys! how are you feeling? how's the baby??