Thursday, August 5, 2010

July in review

We started our July off with the famous Oakley Rodeo. We love going to the rodeo every year it just seems to start the summer off right. Thanks mom for getting our tickets in advance so that we always have great seats!!






July 5 we headed over to Willow Creek Country Club to enjoy all the Holiday festivities at the pool. It has become a tradition with the Johnson's and we always look forward to it. Can't wait for next year!!




Just loungin while enjoying his chips and the pool










Earlier this month my mom arranged a day for me, Tate, all my sister-in-laws their kids, my sister the 2 girls she nanny's, 2 of my cousins, and herself to go to This is the Place park for a day. It was such a fun day. I have never been up there before, that I can remember, and I really enjoyed seeing all the fun shops, buildings, and learning about the Pioneers. Tate's favorite of course was the Chu Chu train rides. Thanks mom for planning such a fun day!



Getting ready to ride the small Chu Chu



Taking a ride on the Big Chu Chu so we didn't have to walk so far.


Elli, Tate, and Missa


Missa and Taylor getting shaved at the old Barber Shop




Tate was so sick of pictures by this point and ready for a nap





The annual Green Family FHE up in the canyon full of delicious dutch oven dinner, roasting mallows and having smores, and just sitting around the camp fire enjoying our time together. This year Dev, Tate, and I had a little surprise for everyone. We announced that I was 10 weeks pregnant. What a fun and exciting night! Thanks Mckenzi and Bret for putting it all together.





It doesn't get any better than that! Roasting mallows on your portable potty!












This was Tate's first time this year to Lagoon and Lagoon A Beach. I was a little unsure of Lagoon A Beach, but I am so happy we went cause Tate had a blast floating down the lazy river and sliding on all the kiddie slides. This year at Lagoon was his first time to ride on any of the rides. He still is small so he wasn't able to ride on a lot but the ones he did ride on he had a great time. I think it is safe to say that the Chu Chu train was by far his favorite. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa J for inviting us to Lagoon!

Waiting in line for his first ride at Lagoon, but...


The lady booted them off cause Dev was too big and Tate was too small to ride by himself. Tate was seriously devastated cause he loved all the flashing lights on it.


Tate's first roller coaster ride at Lagoon and I can't remember the name of it.


Puff the Magic Dragon



Tate's first time on the Carousle and he had so much fun.





Devin, Tate, Grandma, and Grandpa


Tate was so excited to ride on the Chu Chu train. Before it even arrived and as we were waiting in line he kept saying, "Chu Chu" and pulling his arm down.



As you can see Tate did not want to sit on my lap


I can't believe how big my baby is getting


Tate had such a fun time at Lagoon, but was so ready to go home to bed!






I can't believe I survived it, GIRLS CAMP! About 4 months ago our YW presidency was released so I was released as 1st Counselor, but then called as Camp Director. Who would have thunk. I was blown away when I was offered the calling and thought to myself, why was Kerri inspired to call me as the freakin Camp Director. Our girls camp this year was Stake camp, thank heavens cause it relieved some of the stress from my shoulders, and the theme was Cosmic Camp To Eternity and Beyond. Even though the planning part was hard work and the fact that I am prego and not feeling too hot made me not want to go and just bail, but I have to admit that I had such a fun time and it really was such an amazing experience for me. I learned a lot about myself through the whole process and really what I am capable of. And for that I am so grateful for this calling. Next year we will be doing camp my why and sleeping in Cabins not tents!! So get ready 4th Ward!!


My hubby. I seriously couldn't have done it without him.


Our ward theme "Reach for the Stars"


Craft #1 decorating our mugs


The whole crew at "Inspiration Point" it was absolutely beautiful


Our AMAZING YW President. I couldn't have done it without her.


All our girls in the Pj's we gave them the first night






Lagoon Day with Mimi and Papa


Tate was so excited to see his cousin Scarlett. They had so much fun following each other around and copying what the other would do. We had a blast watching them play together, Scarlett having no fear and giving Tate a big hug and he having no idea what to think of it, and the two of them taking turns drinking from Jenny's Diet Coke Jug.






Tate and Scarlett were so excited to see their baby cousin, Aniston


Tate butting his place in line acting as if he wants to ride the ride all by himself! Maybe next year buddy!


Scarlett and Tate just waiting to get on the Carousle


Tate finally got on his horsey or "eee" as he would call it


Tate petting his horse


Jenny and Scarlett

2 comments:

The Barkers said...

Fun pics! Looks like it's been a great summer. Hope to see ya soon!

McCormick Family said...

So many fun things this month! I love this job, so I can hang out with you everyday!